Empresa Socia de ADL que se dedica a la fabricación y venta de juguetes y productos de juego necesita urgente un Operations Supervisor para su Sede
Main purpose f role:
1. To be a Logistics expert with a continuous improvement mindset, ensuring that best practice in modern warehousing and distribution is employed at the Valencia DC in order to exceed company and customers’ expectations.
2. To be a visible and effective leader for the warehouse and despatch planning team: this comprises up to circa 40 staff both permanent and seasonal and a mixture of supervisory, administration and shop floor staff.
3. To take responsibility for the performance management, keeping the warehouse and despatch planning team engaged and motivated to ensure that both Iberia and Greece sales targets are delivered at the best possible cost.
4. To effectively manage the warehousing and despatch planning function at Valencia DC which comprises inbound, receiving, storage, picking, loading and despatch planning processes.
5. To manage and be accountable for the budgets within your control (Approx €3 million p.a.) ensuring that the warehousing and transportation areas operate on a cost-effective basis.
6. To build strong collaboration relationships with the Hasbro EMEA DCs and Hasbro customers, fully understanding their needs and working closely with them to develop and improve processes.
7. To build effective partnerships with the Iberia and Greece sales team and shared services to ensure that the Sales targets can be delivered.
8. To manage the warehouse and despatch planning team compliance to Hasbro’s Code of Conduct and SOX protocols
9. To manage the warehouse and despatch planning team compliance to all Corporate and local Safety, Health & Environmental Regulations to ensure Valencia is a safe and pleasant workplace
10. To ensure SAP warehouse management and sales and distribution functionalities are optimized and best practice followed.
11. To Deputize for the Valencia DC Logistics Manager
Specific Responsibilities/ Tasks:
Operational • To effectively plan and organize the daily, weekly and monthly workloads of the warehousing and despatch functions at the Valencia DC, which comprises:
• To staff the resources required to run the operation in terms of people, consumables and services to achieve Iberia and Greece business requirements while meeting the budget and conforming to all company and safety requirements.
• To maintain high standards of productivity and accuracy in the above processes, whilst conforming to all corporate functional and safety requirements, meeting or improving company budget and achieving our customer’s delivery requirements and deadlines.
• To document and regularly review all of the above processes to ensure that best practice for the industry is being achieved.
• To ensure that all activities are carried out in line with agreed SOX protocols.
• To establish, document and monitor levels of productivity for each type of job handled by the warehouse.
• To produce operational KPI’s in order to measure performance (cost and service) and propose improvement plans.
• To liaise effectively and collaborate with other relevant departments at Hasbro to ensure that customer’s delivery requirements and deadlines are met.
• Ensuring that appropriate SH&E training and instruction is given to all personnel and that training records are kept in good order.
• Ensuring that the warehouse operates within the Corporate and Local Safety, Health and Environmental regulations and regular risk assessments are carried out to make sure that Valencia is a safe and environmentally friendly place to work.
• In conjunction with the rest of the Valencia DC management team, allocate appropriate people resources to ensure that all areas of the DC (ie VAS) operate effectively and efficiently.
• Foster a continuous improvement mindset across all departments within your control.
• Challenge, set, document and monitor processes to identify improvement actions and ensure the use of best practices in each area.
• Ensure that the improvement actions identified are implemented in order to meet new customer requirements, optimize cost and/or increase efficiency.
• Participate in the ongoing review of the Distribution Center infrastructure in terms of people, equipment, layout and processes to ensure the business requirements are met and best practices are implemented assuming Hasbro operates in a dynamic business environment.
• Participate the shared vision for the Distribution Center which is aligned with business goals and values.
• Deploy and be accountable for the compliance of business Code of Conduct.
• Be a role model to your team.
• Be accessible to your team.
• Set quarterly goals and keep regular conversations with the employees in your teams.
• Keep the people in the different departments within your team engaged and motivated.
• Ensure that each team member gets the trainings required to do their job well and is supported with an individual development plan.
• Promote active decision making within your team.
• Prepare and be accountable for approx € 3 million p.a. budget
6 direct reports
10 indirect reports
+ up to 30 temporary workers
Valencia DC Management Team
Iberia and Greece Sales Teams
Local Planning and Sales Administration teams
Local Marketing Teams
Local Finance Team
Local HR Team
European SSC Teams (Orders and Claims in France & Finance in the UK)
Corporate SHE Management
EMEA Logistics Team
Suppliers of goods and services
Financial Measures & Impact: Budget of approx €3 million per annum:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferable BSc in Engineering )
• Sound understanding of O365 Desirables
• MBA or formal qualification in Logistics
• SAP knowledge (WM/SD/MM)
• Good command of another widely spoken European language (German, French,…)
Minimum 5 years’ experience of successfully managing warehousing operations for high seasonal products in a multinational environment with proven knowledge in the following areas:
• People management
• Shop floor operations
• Transportation & Distribution
• Health and Safety
Knowledge & Skills required:
• Goal oriented leadership style based on a sound decision-making with a continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to manage large teams and deliver results in a highly pressurised environment whilst keeping the team engaged and motivated
• Initiative, a sense of urgency and flexibility to operate in a dynamic business environment: ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and circumstances and come up with practical solutions
• Good communication and networking skills
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to manage budgets • Fluent in Spanish as well as English.
María Luz Pomares
PUESTO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Nuestra Bolsa de Empleo incluye profesionales de larga trayectoria en el sector logístico
Los ajustes de cookies de esta web están configurados para "permitir cookies" y así ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues utilizando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en "Aceptar" estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.